Sunday, August 30, 2015
Yesterday, we played a really nice gig for appreciative folks at a retirement home.
Rode exercise bike for 1/2 hour.
That's it. When it comes to learning how to improvise, no more learning 500 shapes to utilize at certain points in a song. I'm going to play the guitar more to learn improvisation. Will be using Robert Conti's "Ticket to Improv" Volume 1.
Saturday, August 29, 2015
Friday, August 28, 2015
Thursday, August 27, 2015
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Monday, August 24, 2015
Sunday, August 23, 2015
Friday, August 21, 2015
It's been awhile since I've posted in detail, so here is a "new post" as to what's going on musically.
* Still in the band that plays jazz as well as old style rock and roll.
* Still in the Blues band. We will be expanding what we play to include rockabilly as well as old blues.
* Sold my Epiphone ES-339 Pro. Bought an Epiphone Casino (picture is below this post). I had a Casino before, sold it, and missed it! I really like this guitar.
* Made an "offer" on a Fender American Special Telecaster. We'll see what happens there.
* Still struggling with learning to improvise. A couple of bandmates suggested that I am approaching the issue too academically. Perhaps I can benefit from just playing jazz more rather than focusing on learning it.
* However, I still need a methodology! I'm now working on the book "Introduction to Jazz Guitar Soloing" by Joe Elliott.
Anyway, here is my Epiphone Casino: