Friday, October 21, 2016
• Listened to my son DJing on the radio tonight. Cool! • Tried piano. Got nowhere! • Made a little recording of me experimenting a bit with adding little melody lines in the chord melody guitar version of "Over the Rainbow." • Was a little tempted to go back to a more traditional method guitar improvisation method, but went on instead to more of Reed's material and it's a good thing. Up to page 67 in his book, but need to get all previous material ingrained better.
Thursday, October 20, 2016
Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Monday, October 17, 2016
Sunday, October 16, 2016
Saturday, October 15, 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
Was in a minor car accident on the way home from work today. I'm not really injured enough to seek medical care, but I think my body might be feeling it. Was stopped to make a left turn, and was rammed from behind. There was a witness who was very kind as well as a very professional and kind policeman (among others) who helped. Glad no one was seriously hurt.
Thursday, October 13, 2016
I'll never ever forget that Christmas. Was taking guitar lessons and I happened to offhandedly tell mom that the teacher was selling the kind of guitar that I wanted. Never had any idea that she would get it! She told me later that as soon as I told her that, she called up the teacher and ordered it, and he said he would like to see my face when I saw it. Was the Christmas of 1976. My brother, his girlfriend, and I slept on the floor Christmas Eve in front of the Christmas tree. On Christmas morning, my brother left the house and came in carrying the guitar. I remember that the guitar came wrapped in plastic inside it's hard shell case. It was a black Ibanez Les Paul copy that may have been about $350. (The same guitar is now on EBay for about double that price). That morning, my brother said (mimicking me), "look at the black next to the white on the frets." Was sad that night when he left to sleep at his girlfriend's. I remember he came to my room Christmas night before leaving and asked if I was happy (about the guitar). It was a sad feeling because the wonder of the day was over, and my brother and his girlfriend were leaving. I banged that guitar up pretty good (not sure how, but I managed to lose the white switch piece attached to the switch that changed the pickups) and ended up selling it for $50. A wonderful Christmas!
Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
Will be working tonight more on David Reed's "Improvise for Real" material. May soon get a really nice Gibson Les Paul Studio. Watched part of the second Presidential debate last night between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. If it wasn't for Clinton's views on abortion, she might get my vote for sure. Trump's attitude is a disaster.
Friday, October 7, 2016
• Listened to my son's first broadcast as a DJ on his college radio station!
• Continued to work on David Reed's improv material.
• Continue to work on memorizing open piano chords.
• Worked on writing lyrics to a friend's blues song.