Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Good One

A really good practice day. Went over repertoire and just about finished with the major scale patterns in the Aebersold book. A nice surprise was that the patterns kind of 'came back to me' though I stopped learning the patterns awhile ago.

Just some thinking aloud: was nice to just sit and play today... I think when I focus on just having fun while learning, and not put pressure on myself to get things learned inside and out, my enjoyment increases. Getting some sweet sounds practicing "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)."

Sold my old amp and a pedal today so I ordered a hardshell case for my Epiphone es-339 Pro. I can say now that I am satisfied with my guitars. Really liking the Epiphones. And I really do not to shell out tons of money for a more expensive guitar. My stuff is fine. Only thing I can see possibly wanting in the future is a foot pedal to control my Roland Cube 60. But I'm in no rush.

Continuing my plant based diet and my hour walks, and it feels good.

Here's a picture of my good buddy:


No comments: