Thursday, July 24, 2014

Joe Negri

Continue to walk an hour and follow my vegan diet. Sixth straight day now.

I have a lot of books that teach jazz guitar improvisation. The trouble is sticking with one. One always seems to take the place of another. Well it happened again. 

Part of me wants to dig in and learn the details. Sometimes I'm tempted to learn the old fashioned way and learn licks and others' solos. Sometimes I want to learn scales. But I just got a new book and I will be diving into this one.

It's called "A Common Sense Approach to Guitar Improvisation" by Joe Negri, compiled and edited by Tim Bedner. There is not a lot of info/reviews about it on-line, but it seems interesting. I'm going to try to learn from it. Improvisation to me can be quite intimidating and frustrating, so this "common sense approach" looks inviting. 

Went over repertoire today and started the Negri book.

No comments: