Friday, August 15, 2014

The Stones, My Guitar, Change, and Health

Fun practice with the rock and roll band tonight. Really enjoying my Epiphone ES-339 Pro. 

Been listening to the Rolling Stones' "Ventillator Blues" on the "Exile on Main Street" album. Love the hypnotically repeated riff in the song, the guitar solo at the end of the song, how the song segues into the next track, and that track itself "I Just Want To See His Face."

Still shocked regarding the sad, sad death of Robin Williams...

Haven't really been into practicing my repertoire for some reason. Maybe I'm ready for the change that the new jazz lessons might offer. Maybe I'm being drawn to making other kinds of music with my guitar. However, in the band tonight we did play a couple of songs in my repertoire: "Over the Rainbow," and "Misty." 

Lost 13 pounds since July 21st; eating mostly a vegan diet (with some cheating :)); walked for an hour every day for the past 25 of 27 days; have started to sometimes jog during part of my walks. Feels really really good.

No comments: