Thursday, October 30, 2014

Reversed Melodic Extensions

Went over repertoire. Still working on my melodic extensions from the Fewell book and taking my time doing it correctly as best as I can. Working on the first set of melodic extensions in the cycle of 5ths and working on playing them in reverse in order to maximize my possible usage of them. Worked on the E minor one tonight; that one has been fighting me since the fingering is different from the others. I'm anticipating a fight with the F# one next! Trying to get some of my original stuff on ReverbNation, but I must wait for my technologically savvy sin to help with that. 

Healthwise, I fell off the wagon yet again, but the wagon is still in sight and I can climb back on board.

Although I am no longer in the Gypsy Jazz band, they have asked that I sit in one upcoming gig with them since their other guitarist can't make it. So I'll be sitting in a Gypsy Jazz rehearsal of Christmas songs tomorrow. 

No comments: