Saturday, November 8, 2014

Saturday PreChristmas

IPlayed gig at Christmas Church get together. It was something of an indoor flea market, and we provided the music for it. My most fun part was singing the Springsteen version of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" as well as the Chuck Berry version of "Run Rudolph Run." Played really in three different bands. The first was the rock and roll band, the second was the band with an added guitar player who has a great singing crooner voice. I played acoustic guitar and sang "Blue Christmas" in the third band which was the gypsy band. That was probably my last gig with the gypsy band. It's not very fun for me, and I'd rather devote my musical energies elsewhere. 

The gig was kind of fun, but Christmas songs can be kind of boring. The audience was pretty much not responsive, but we were there for background music and not the main attraction. 

Came home and collapsed for a nap. Did practice my guitar: my repertoire and Frwell melodic extensions. Might be getting close to trying improvising utilizing the things I've learned from the Fewell book.

No comments: