Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Plan

First, let's go over what I did musically today: went over repertoire, reviewed my melodic extensions in the circle of 5ths forwards and backwards, and started to get back into chapter 3 of the Fewell book. 

Made another plan to help me with this jazz learning stuff:

1) Will continue to utilize Garrison Fewell's "Jazz Improvisation for Guitar: A Melodic Approach." Generally up to chapter 3 currently.

2) Decided that maybe using another approach can add to my repertoire of what I can do with regards to improvisation. Decided to try to use Jamie Aebersold's Volume 1 Jazz Guitar, Adapted by Corey Christianson.

3) Thinking that maybe learning to read music may be helpful. I know how to read in the first position, but it might be quite helpful to learn to read in other positions. Utilizing "Music Reading for Guitar: The Complete Method" by David Oaks.

4) Will continue to use the concepts in Robert Conti's "The Assembly Line" if wanting to figure out a chord melody arrangement of a song.

Not sure if I can commit to all of that, but I'll try. The priorities will be the Fewell, Aebersold books, and my chord melody repertoire.

Of course, I will also stay in the rock & roll
band.

Philadelphia Eagles win today!

Trying to get better with my health stuff  but with results not entirely successful.

No comments: