Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving's Eve's Eve with "The Jazz Lines"

Expecting the first snow storm of the season to start late tonight. Played repertoire.
Started Conti's "The Jazz Lines" today, Lesson 1. I think this is going to be some hard work for me, but I'm hanging in there. Up to page 13.
My initial reaction to Conti's book: it's certainly not easy stuff for a guy on my level. It may be over my head, but I don't quite think so. It will definitely be a challenge, but I think if I am patient, expect some frustration, expect some confusion (about the parts over my head), but remain committed to this book, I might actually get somewhere when comes to the world of improvisation. I'll just have to understand that this is not easy stuff (for me, anyway), and I want easy than I should give up trying to learn how to improvise. Will hang in there!!

No comments: