Thursday, January 15, 2015

Learning, Learning

Although I haven't done all of the exercises, I'm up to page about 109 of the Silver book. Things are coming together in that I'm trying to learn by reading and internalizing; the test is going to come when I put the material to practice. I think that it might be slow going at first with regards to improvising from lead sheets (I'll probably be writing some guidelines above the chords and go slow at first), but I think this has the potential to take me places with improv. I anticipate doing a lot of pausing and counting frets to find the correct pattern(s) associated with the associated chords and writing things out on the lead sheets prior to improvising, but perhaps this will just take a matter of time before it becomes more natural and internalized.

Played the patterns today.

Very much looking forward to seeing the movie "Selma" tomorrow with my two oldest kids.

If you are a praying person, please say a prayer for my cousin and his family. Me and this cousin never really spent too much time together, but whenever we did, he was such a nice guy. He is hospice, with cancer. Thanks.

Ate perhaps a little more than usual today, but I'm still doing well with regards to keeping up with my health.  Did 1/2 hour in the exercise bike today, and here are the results:
Calories burned = 236
Carbs = 41.7
Distance = 9.32 miles

No comments: