Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Fairly Intense Guitar Day

• Burned 358 calories on exercise bike for 1/2 hour.
• Doing fairly ok with diet.

                      ---GUITAR STUFF---

I will just ramble here....tried many times to improvise over the verse to the song "What a Wonderful World." I recorded the chords being played slowly then attempted to improvise using the patterns....was unsuccessful....didn't sound good....thought I had the patterns in my head but when it came to actually playing them in a song, WOW; a world of difference as I found myself being confused. Was going to go to a different method....sent a recording to some friends for feedback which is pending...when I played it back after some time away, although it was by no stretch of the imagination a gold medal solo, there might be a seed of some good stuff there if I hang in there...just listened again....I'm liking it more....I went from being discouraged to liking it....perhaps I need to be more careful
In choosing patterns and be more patient in playing them.



No comments: