Friday, March 13, 2015

Gig Eve

• Burned 365 calories on the exercise bike for 1/2 hour. Got off diet a bit today, but lost 33.8 pounds since Jan 5.
• An old friend sent me an audio of a guitar lesson teaching use of scales that was interesting!
• Rehearsed with the band tonight for tomorrow night's gig. A singer we have is quite talented and really sound great; she did a great version of the old standard "At Last."
• A bit mixed up with where to focus my learning regarding improvising. Again, I feel the draw of the Aebersold book, (as well as a book of scales that I have).
• Did some improvisations using different things I have learned to "The Way You Look Tonight." I made a backing track and improvised using different ideas/methods. The improv that sounded the best was when I just let go of a strict utilization of rules....

No comments: