Sunday, March 1, 2015

725 Silver

• Burned 725 calories on exercise bike for one hour. (I also was on exercise bike for an hour yesterday but the bike didn't allow for a calorie count then).

• Went over material in the Silver book. I'm not sounding very good with my improvisation on "Over the Rainbow," and although I don't think I have the method wrong, I think that perhaps improvisation (paradoxically ) takes more planning (at least at my current ability level). I also think that in my current planning of the inprovisation to this song, I made some mistakes in choosing patterns. 

• My improvisation doesn't seem to have the natural flow of music. The lines, even when I choose the correct notes, do not sound the way I want them to. Sounds choppy. 

ADDENDUM

• Just tried playing an improv over the song again with corrected postion(s). Sounded somewhat better. Have to ingrain better how to go from position 5 to position 1 and vice versa. 


No comments: