Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snow / Silver Book

• Did 1/2 hour on exercise bike. 
• Lots of snow today. Thanks be to God I didn't get in an accident.
• Learning three of five patterns on p.122 of Silver book. 
• Thinking of listening to the Silver CD.
• Thinking I need to change patterns as a function of key changes during songs.
• Thinking I need to learn the chords in the Silver book to get the maximum benefit of what the book offers.
• Just got done listening to some of the CD that comes with the Silver book. It solidified that I'm on the right path with his book/CD.

            ••• CONCLUSION •••
I think my practice (at this point) needs to include three elements in the Silver book:
1) Improvising over tunes
2) Learning the chords in the book
3) Continuing going through the book learning what it has to offer.

No comments: