Saturday, March 21, 2015

GUITAR

• Rode the exercise bike for an hour. Trying to rebound from my excursion into the world of pizza and other calories last night.
• I think I'm over my brief re-entry to the piano that occurred yesterday :)
• I think it's best to devote myself to Aebersold improvisation materials for guitar. I'll get back to the guitar version of Book One, and I'm waiting for Book Two for guitar to arrive in the mail. 
• I would really like to build up my repertoire of chord melody songs that I had before (Conti's "Assembly Line" book), but I hate the memorization involved.
• Although I didn't finish the book, in my solos I can utilize what I learned from the Marc Silver book, as well as pentatonic patterns.

          •••••••• NEW PLAN •••••••

1. Aebersold stuff. Books 1 and waiting to see what Book 2 has to offer.
2.  I think I need to get back to Chord Melody on guitar using Robert Conti's "The Assembly Line" book. But rather than memorizing songs, I want to really internalize the various chords that he presents. Going to use flashcards to try to achieve that goal. Doing this to try to achieve what has been a longstanding and thus far elusive goal for me whether it be on piano or guitar: PLAYING SONGS ON THE FLY FROM A FAKE BOOK.....

No comments: