Saturday, May 9, 2015

The May 2015 Piano Challenge

• Rode exercise bike for an hour.
• Continue work on Sudnow's MISTY and AS TIME GOES BY.
• Playing guitar during Mass tonight. I consider myself Catholic, but then again, maybe I am not. So many years of dealing with it being taught the wrong way, an emphasis placed on stupid things, not to mention exposure to hypocritical leaders and money money money lead to doubt. The Protestant Churches also don't cut it for me. General doubts about Christianity also don't help the issue.
   Did Jesus exist, and if so, was he / is He God? I do believe in a God because I am yet to be convinced by any arguement that makes sense to me about how the universe came from nothing. And then from my admittedly limited personal looking into the matter of other religions, Christianity makes the most sense to me. And it follows for me that Catholicism makes the best sense for me since it came first, and all the Protestants came later. Makes me wonder though how much a function of me staying Catholic is a function of fear and how much is a function of true  belief.
• Continue to listen to my Sudnow material.
• Had a good talk with my 17 year old who uncannily (considering my entry above where I talk about spirituality) confronted me about why I keep saying I'm Catholic. Long story short: Confusing for me. However, my relationship with my son seems to be quite fine in that we talk about this stuff and he appreciates that we are able to. 
• Playing music at Mass tonight went well.
• Bought some stuff that will help my exercise with the exercise bike: a fan as well as an extension chord to easily connect the fan and a box to get play music on my phone. May not sound like a big deal, but it will truely help me while I exercise. I just wish that the batteries in the bike would not die so quickly. The batteries control the resistance levels on the bike as well as the screen which keeps count of calories burned, carbs burned, etc. With weak batteries, before my routine is over, it all shuts down and I lose track of how I'm doing and I have to rest the resistance.
• OK so here is my latest and (hopefully!) final music goal that I will attempt this year:

Voice and memorize 15 songs on the piano, the Sudnow way. In addition, have his versions of MISTY, AS TIME GOES BY, and DANNY BOY in my hands. 

I do realize that this goal may take more than a year to accomplish. But that's my newest challenge, and I'll call it: "The May 2015 Piano Challenge."

No comments: