Monday, May 16, 2016

Marc Silver's book: "Contemporary Guitar Improvisation"

Walked two times today for a combined total of one hour. Diet going well.

Went over my chord melody arrangement of "Misty." 

Was possibly going to post my improv from yesterday but then I realized I was doing it all wrong. Instead of just learning this improvisation my way (the wrong way), I think I need to follow those before me who know better. 

Worked a bit on utilizing the principles in Marc Silver's "Contemporary Guitar Improvisation," and it works a lot more accurately than my attempts at trying to integrate different ideas from various sources.

What I need to do is:

1) Again, really get the patterns in my hands.
2) Check my work carefully when it comes to placing the patterns in the correct place on the guitar neck.

If I do 1 and 2 incorrectly, the result will be playing notes that just will not sound good. 

3) Better learn what patterns are related to particular chords.

Being very careful is thus very important. 

A shout out of thanks to Marc Silver for his book, "Contemporary Guitar Improvisation."

No comments: