Saturday, May 7, 2016

Saturday

Rode exercise bike for 1 and 1/2 hours. 

Last night I found a cover version of John Lennon's Beatles song "Julia" that I recorded some time ago. Here it is:

https://soundcloud.com/user-860420366/jul-1

Went on a road trip today to see me dad. During the ride, I listened to some music, and here's what I listened to with what I thought of them:

"SMILE" - Brian Wilson
What a feast for the ears! Just beautiful stuff. A favorite part is near the end of "Windchimes." "Wonderful" is a favorite, too.

"MODERN TIMES" - Bob Dylan
I came away somewhat underwhelmed. I did like "Spirit on the Water" more than I did in the past. If I listened to this when I was more in a Dylan mood, than I probably would have enjoyed it more. "Beyond the Horizon" was enjoyable; I really like the harmonica solo. I really like this album, but I guess I wasn't really in a Dylan mood.

"ELECTRIC LADYLAND" - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Wow. This man and his imagination and a guitar! Really appreciate his creativity. The drawbacks for me though were sometimes the jamming went on too long, and though the experimental stuff was cool, I likewise felt it could have been shorter.

"PINK MOON" - Nick Drake
My favorite acoustic guitar album of all time. My favorite song is "From the Morning." I have wanted for a long time to make my own acoustic album. As far as albums that are sparred down and mostly acoustic, my other favorites are Bruce Springsteen's "Nebraska" and Bob Dylan's "The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan.

Here are some pictures taken of the Catholic Church I was Baptised in, and attended when I was younger:





Now the following picture is very interesting. When I was a kid, Mass attendance was so much that it probably led to having Masses in the main Church as well as the lower Church. Now, I have probably not seen that "lower" Church since the 1970's. I believe they just stopped using it for Masses perhaps about then. So I guess now they use it for parties and perhaps meetings. 
I had a chance to actually see that lower section today, and here is how it currently looks. I think those lights are in my memory somewhere, as are the columns:


No comments: