Monday, July 18, 2016

The July 18 Challenge

Rode exercise bike for 1/2 hour.

Well I've been changing plans all over the place lately. But this is a challenge I want to keep. Been working on a way to sound great on piano with, let's be honest, the least effort. So with the help of my piano buddy I figured out a way to memorize just 36 chords that just fulfill my needs. So here is the July 18, 2016 challenge:

1) Give my 36 chord program material a solid year of practicing at least a half hour a day. The key will be to use the half hour productively in a way that involves one or both of: memorizing chords, and playing them in songs. Take my time. Don't make mistakes. Be patient. Use the half hour wisely.

2) Don't share solo piano recordings with others (except perhaps my piano buddy) for a year. I think that by sharing my practice I am getting sidetracked. My goal at this point needs to be to learn the piano, rather than have an audience. Don't put the cart before the horse.

Today learned: C7 closed voicing, Bb major and Am open voicings, and C major open voicing.

No comments: