Sunday, July 17, 2016

Crunch Time

Rode exercise bike for 1/2 hour. 

Crunch time with health. Honeymoon is over and now my healthy habits have to remain a priority as the routine has set in.

At the piano, it's crunch time. The honeymoon is over. It's time to do the sweating and the work. Memorizing chords is hard work. Then quickly shifting them in a song is hard work. 

Patience

Ok well I just had a brilliant idea with regards to piano learning. I got what I think is a great idea regarding how to memorize chords. The answer rests in elegant simplification. I think I can memorize all major, minor, and dominant chords by combining what David Sudnow, Alan Swain, and perhaps Bill Susman teach. Now this will not cover chords such as 6th, 9ths, 13s, b5, so for those chords I'll have to study a little differently. 

But I think by combining methods, I can facilitate the learning of all the major chords, all the major 7 chords, all the minor chord, all the minor 7 chords, and all the dominant (7th) chords. Now that wouldn't be too big of a feat, taking only 36 chords to do all that! Yep, only 36 chords!

No comments: