Tuesday, July 19, 2016

July 19, 2016 / MUSIC GOALS

Rode exercise bike for about 33 minutes. Eating habits today were pretty bad but I got back ok for dinner. Back to the piano:

I've been everywhere with this method and that method, combining methods and everything this past week or so. Changed my mind again. Going to work with Alan Swain's two books. Here are my goals for this year:

1) Using Alan Swain's material (and lead sheets) devote at least a half hour a day to piano practice. The key will be to use the half hour productively in a way that involves one or both of: memorizing chords, and playing them in songs. Take my time. Don't make mistakes. Be patient. Use the half hour wisely.

2) Don't share solo piano recordings with others (except perhaps my piano buddy) for a year. I think that by sharing my practice I am getting sidetracked. My goal at this point needs to be to learn the piano, rather than have an audience. Don't put the cart before the horse.
-----------------------------------------
Up to page 24 of the first Swain book.  Just questioning if I will eventually gain the ability to play chords automatically
while playing from a lead sheet...

A good day at the piano.

No comments: