Wednesday, July 6, 2016

THE JULY 6TH CHALLENGE

Rode exercise bike for 1/2 hour. Figured out if I utilized the piano idea I originally had yesterday, I'd need to memorize 252 chords/melody note combinations.
Feels good to be working on my health. Today might only be day 3, but I feel a little momentum building with regards to keeping the good habits.

Really looking forward to starting the Bill Susman material. It is somewhat like Alan Swain's approach, and somewhat like David Sudnow's approach. The Susman stuff appears to be more my style, though.

What's great for me though is without my background in The Sudnow Method, the Susman material would have appeared much more inaccessible to me. Exposure to The Sudnow Method with the help of my piano buddy helped me to learn scale tones.

What's cool too is that exposure to Alan Swain's material may help with learning how to have chords ingrained in my memory.

So here it is. The July 6th Challenge:

1) Give the Susman material a year. A good solid year of practicing at least a half hour a day. Try to have the chords ingrained by using Swain's ideas regarding practice, but also learn songs.

2) Don't share solo piano recordings with others for a year  I think that by sharing my practice I am getting sidetracked. My goal at this point needs to be to learn the piano, rather than have an audience. Don't put the cart before the horse.

No comments: