Saturday, August 6, 2016

Saturday

1) Had band practice today that went well. Our next gig is coming up soon. I play guitar and sing. Songs we did today that I sung whole or parts of were: "Heard it Through the Grapevine (CCR version)," "Let it Be Me," Bye Bye Love," "Country Roads." Also sang some background to "Love Letters in the Sand."

2) Borrowed my friend's alto sax. Recorded this version of "Summertime:"

https://soundcloud.com/user-860420366/summertime-cover

It's a cool alto sax with the finish all messed up, but I like it. Here's a picture of it:


3) Worked on piano some too. Moving on in the Swain book. Also tried to play "Oh Cristmas Tree" from "A Charlie Brown Christmas," using sheet music. Interesting how I was actually able to play some if it but how easily I got frustrated. Not really being fair with myself there! 
Up to page 31 of the first Swain book. 

No comments: