Sunday, April 6, 2014

Mickey Baker / Gershwin

When I take a practice session slowly with no pressure to go fast, things seem to go great. Reviewed my repertoire, and it looks like I'm almost done with "I've Got a Crush on You." It's sounding nice.

Also started working in earnest with the Baker book, and I'm on lesson one.  Using a cool website that helps with the book as I go along. Would like to devote a week to each lesson. 

With regards to the buzzing in my amp, I took my guitar and amp to a friend's and all seemed fine. I was all prepared to see if the guitar made a buzz with his amp, or if his guitar made a buzz through my amp. But we never had to get to all that testing because all of my stuff sounded fine at his place. Perhaps the culprit isn't my guitar or my amp, but rather grounding issues wherever I set up. Not concerned about it anymore.

No comments: