Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Different Road to Rome

Didn't practice today; but walked for exercise about 45 minutes. Could have done better healthwise today, but could have done worse.

This Sunday I'll be shopping for guitars at a couple of places. The dilemma now is getting something I can use for rock and roll vs. continue to save for something REALLY nice like a Gibson. 

Decided on taking yet a different road to learn improv. Decided to use the three Herb Ellis books. I already have "All the Shapes You Are," but his "The Herb Ellis Guitar Method: Swing Blues" book/CD should arrive tomorrow. There's one other that that I'll put off buying for now (maybe). Not sure exactly why I want to change methods. I like change. The "Swing Blues" book I think may help with the Charlie Cristian style I like so much.

No comments: