Saturday, September 12, 2015

Good Guitar Day

* Finished working on voicing "Do You Know What it's Like to Miss New Orleans." Need work on memorizing it. 

* Now that I think I have a pretty good idea of how to voice a chord in the context of building a chord melody arrangement, I might try to go back to using Robert Conti's "The Formula!" or the other two more recent chord melody books I bought in order to learn how to add embellishments. 

* Thinking it might be a cool idea to keep voicing songs, but making up a three ringed binder of my voicings for chords and their associated melody notes in order to get better and better at quickly arranging songs.

* Need to get back to Conti's "The Jazz Lines."

* Good band practice today, gearing up for a charity rock and roll / jazz standards gig this upcoming Saturday.


No comments: