Monday, February 9, 2009

Simply Put: A Goal

There are a lot of cool things to learn about the piano. How to play from a fakebook. Those great Sudnow sounds.

But here's my new goal that seems to be a good one..... The goal of going through all three Alfred's All in One Adult Piano Method Books. Simple. No 26 methods or simultaneous goals. No stopping a method to start another. No figuring that I should stop a method and go to a different one...I figure that the Alfreds material is a great intro to sooo much.

I'm enjoying the First Method Book, and I'll be quite pleased when I go to Book Two... For me, that will be nothing short of a great achievement....and I see a light at the end of the tunnel!

This method seems to be quite suited to my limited practice time. I can practice just a little each day, and still make forward progress.

Look out Book Two....I'll be buying you soon....

No comments: