Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April 14, 2010

Just some musings....

...I've read some great stuff recently regarding the jumping from one piano method to another, the tension between wanting to play and wanting to play quickly, how its interesting how we sometimes practice as if we are waiting to be done the learning, and then beginning playing, and perhaps that is a shame....

I'm at a different place with the Sudnow Method than I've ever been, and that's a great thing..... What I mean is that although I've said it before, I think its sunk in that there's no magic bullet method. Its a matter of getting to the piano and utilizing some focused practice. And having fun along the way. Enjoying the practice. And the Sudnow Method helps me to do just that. Suds' Student Club and Members Club is just awesome.

Thanks, Suds.

Piano Buddy, thanks to you too. I couldn't have come this far without you believing in me.

No comments: