Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fake Book Dream

One thing I've been struggling with for a long time is my desire to play songs "on the fly" from a fake book on the piano. Just open up a fake book and play the tune.

Now it might be time to adjust that. Looks like with Conti's materials I will be able to accomplish that goal, but on the guitar!!

Now an attitude adjustment is in order; this is no 'easy as pie' stuff. So I need to be prepared for inevitable setbacks as I memorize chords. So patience, again, is in order.

But I am much more at home playing the guitar.

Interesting how things turn out: How I can achieve my goal by changing focus to a different instrument on which I
am more comfortable...funny I didn't think of this sooner...but then again I didn't have Conti's stuff available then, and I was engrossed by the Sudnow piano sounds.


No comments: