Sunday, January 19, 2014

Robert Conti

I had a chance to actually talk to Robert Conti today, and, well, what a great guy!!!
He helped me to better understand some stuff I was struggling with, and I was honored to have that opportunity today to speak with him.  Not only is his guitar playing astounding, but he is also just a great guy to talk to.

I think I'll be using two main learning materials at this point: Conti's "Assembly Line" as well as the Charlie Christian book.

Was tempted to get back to piano, and even tempted to do more rock and roll stuff like last night. My challenge to myself is this:

1) STICK WITH THESE TWO MATERIALS AND LETS JUST SEE IN A YEAR WHERE I AM. If I get past this before a year is up, next step is using the Conti "The Formula" and Conti's first volume of the "Ticket to Improv" series. 
2) INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME, DEVOTE MORE TIME TO ACTUALLY PRACTICING WITH THE GUITAR IN HAND.

No comments: