Tuesday, June 21, 2016

What a Wonderful World on Tuesday

Worked on some improvisation and playing by ear on the song "What a Wonderful World." Didn't write out any patterns, but used Silver's patterns along with some stuff I learned from the book I've recently worked on. I feel good about it.
For the past some years I have wanted to learn how to improvise. I've asked if a book would help, or what has others used to play improv. A lot of times, (if not all), I have asked something like, "Will this help me to learn how to improvise over standards like "WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD."
There you have it. I have wanted to learn how to do what I can say I can now do. It will take more work, but I did it. 
I can improvise over a song and it's changes if I do some work before hand with it. Now I'm not sounding like Joe Pass, but I'm sounding ok. 
Thank you God. Thank you Jesus.

No comments: