Saturday, November 19, 2016

Christmas Time is Here

Well, ok, I might be rushing things, but it sure feels like Christmas time is here. Practiced with the band this morning for a number of Christmas shows that are sneaking up. Then one of my friends came over to my place and we played some jazz tunes. He played either sax or bass, I played guitar, and we used an "app" that played accompaniment. Went really well. I mostly used the ideas of Marc Silver in my improvisations, and I think that is the way to continue to improvise (for me). I think I still should learn how to read music. Lastly, I still remain intrigued by the Swing Guitar book by Paul Howard. I must continue to try to ingrain Silver's material in my brain while exploring the Howard book and music reading. Continue to use the Gibson Les Paul Studio in my jazzier stuff, and it's just sounding really nice. I really love the ebony fretboard.

No comments: