Saturday, November 4, 2017

Cool Day

- Had band practice today for our Christmas gigs.
- Was ready to get into finger style guitar so I pulled out those book; can’t find the accompanying CD’s; them something cool happened....
- Ended up sitting at the piano (the instrument I was close to stop playing) and not only did I finish “Oh Christmas Tree,” but I also added a little improvisation to it. That is basically a really big desire of mine: to play a song and improvise over its chords. Figured I’m going to continue to use Susman’s method of forming chords, but I’d like to also use Caruso’s book to learn more about improvisation. Not going to focus on making arrangements with big chord forms and changes. Going to stay with the basic open chord formula for now and not playing a lot of changes.
- Here’s how it sounded today ... now there’s a whole lot of mistakes, and the Improvisation is elementary at best, but I like where this is going:

https://app.box.com/s/h6coz6rxo6i8yb0m3gb1ihh6f9vxyn4k

No comments: