Saturday, March 16, 2019

On Recording

Just read on a YouTube comment that Tommy Emmanuel practices ten hours a day. TEN hours. And what do I do? Practice so much less. 
I think it would be beneficial for me to stop doing so many recordings of me playing and devote that time to practicing instead. Let’s face it: recording is a lot more fun than practicing. With recording, I get to add reverb, play with panning, and add numerous tracks. After I record, I then send it out to people waiting for feedback about how wonderful it is. But alas, the feedback isn’t always so great. So when it isn’t that great, of course I don’t like it.
So would it not be better if I just practiced more? Yes. I’m happy to be practicing the Piano For All Program in small bits. I hear that these small bits of practicing are good. But perhaps I’m getting lazy and can ramp it up more practice time.
More doing the difficult stuff like practicing the piano and guitar; less doing the stuff that doesn’t really add to my skills: recording. 

No comments: