Monday, October 14, 2019

On practicing.....

Interesting thing happened tonight. I’m back working on the Bill Susman piano stuff...starting a few days ago. I wasn’t in the mood to practice today...perfects felt some ‘I’m not getting it so quit the piano’ stuff. But then it happened....I sat down at the piano and practiced anyway. And it went well. 

As I sat down to play I had some thoughts...included was: It’s not that I fear success.....it’s that I fear the confrontation of possibly failing ..... a later thought was it’s also that I fear the hard work also because I doubt that I’m getting it, so why keep trying so hard to learn the piano? But.....

ALL THOSE QUESTIONS!!!!!
ALL THAT THINKING!!!!!!!

Wouldn’t it be great to just refuse to give in to dopey questions and dopey thoughts and dopey self criticism and dopey score keeping about progress and just:

PRACTICE FOR EVEN A LITTLE EACH DAY LIKE I’M TEACHING MYSELF (with weekly goals as if I saw a teacher weekly) AND JUST TRUST THE PROCESS???? 


No comments: