Thursday, August 24, 2023

Piano thoughts

Came to something of a resolution today. Here are some thoughts I’m having now related to that.  I’m not going to be a famous pianist. I’m probably not going to have my ultimate goal met  which is playing piano in a restaurant gig. Having questions about how good I can get in how much time. But I think I’m finally coming close to knowing what “enjoy the PROCESS” means. Spent MUCH time learning “All My Loving” today. And I got to thinking that all this practice, and I’ll probably forget how to play this song. I’m fearful of playing “Embraceable You” now because I don’t want the experience of not being able to play a song that I recently learned! But just going back to the piano a lot today…. I guess doing what I’m doing with piano is really a good thing even if I don’t teach the “ultimate” goals I mentioned earlier. It’s simply a wonderful way of NOT WASTING time…a nice way of keeping my brain working as I am getting older.

No comments: