Saturday, January 13, 2024

Pentatonic Scales

Big Guitar Day

Made my first two videos for the guitar course. One is using the minor pentatonic scale over a mostly static background track; the other is doing the same over using a major pentatonic scale. (I consider it an achievement that I was actually was able to video myself and upload the videos to the guitar course site)!

Also played around with the scales trying to get the knack of roots. Played around using the scales to the first two measures of “Over the Rainbow.” Didn’t really like the way it sounded; but on repeated tried it sounded good. Conclusion is that just learning the pentatonic scales isn’t enough for me. Also have to really ingrain them in my brain and practice a lot of integrating them.

Here’s a pic from a video:






No comments: