Saturday, July 27, 2024

It’s been awhile

It’s been awhile since I last made an entry here. Still on guitar and piano, Been using the Sudnow Method on piano recently, working on “Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire.” Goin ok.

With the band, it looks like we’ll be focusing on Christmas songs; although it’s early, Christmas seems to jump up quickly.

Not doing the online piano lessons anymore. I’m 62 years old, and though I’d love to be able to play a variety of styles, I think focusing on one style for now (the Sudnow Method / cocktail music format), is the way for me to go.

Plans for Sudnow Method:
Learn songs. Even if I cannot keep them in hand. Will try not to to get what was for me bogged down into thinking through voicings too much. 

The Sudnow Method is without doubt some of the most fun I’ve had with piano. To me, it really gets the student into actually PLAYING the piano, rather than bogged down in too much theory. 

It’d be nice to have a few Christmas songs done the Sudnow way ready for Christmas this year.

No comments: