Tuesday, January 11, 2011

January 11, 2011

Interesting. A little bit of a lot, today. Played the new tune, played Rainbow, worked on a jazzy arrangement of "Michelle" from a jazz Beatles book, and worked on perfecting "Crush on You."Cool. The jazzy "Michelle" is an interesting arrangement with a dissonant jazzy feel, and enough chord changes to make it challenging. I know, I know, yet another Beatles song.... But this is music that I'm drawn to, and guess what? Even more Beatles to be added later!

Feels good to slow down by working on the repertoire. Interesting how by going through the repertoire and the lead sheet I can work on struggled parts, figure out a better voicing, and become aware that I even forgot a couple of measures. Interesting how I'm not reacting with frustration but with a sense of feeling good about working on it. In the groove! Feeling the pull to do the Blues book, but what I'm doing now is more fun.

No comments: