Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day, 2011

Nice dad's day today. Daughter #1 hung up signs in the stairway greeting me; got a nice card, Amazon gift certificate, out to dinner, then Rita's Water Ice. Trying to walk one hour a day; today took a walk to some local stores including purchases of stationary to help with my notation system that I'll try to use on lead sheets. Played around with some of the system integration. On the back burner, is maybe learning Sudnow's stride voicings for at least the dominants. Chilling tonight listening to Blues Piano on Pandora. Worked earlier on p. 12 and 13 of the Improvising Blues Piano book by Tim Richards. Summary of Piano Stuff I'm Doing: 1)Learning to play songs using some ideas I learned from the Sudnow Method for Major Chords and Minor Chords; utilizing the Moody System to play notes associated with Dominant and other chords. 2) Using the Richards book.

No comments: