Monday, September 3, 2012

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN, etc.

A great musical weekend. Started Friday playing for my coworker's wedding. Then last night saw Bruce Springsteen in concert in Philadelphia. What a fantastic show, indeed. Thanks, Bruce! My seat was way in the back in the 400 level up top, but no matter. Sound was great and I can see ok. What a great rock and roller. The best rock and roller out there, in my opinion, up there with the Rolling Stones. Won't spoil it for any readers who may see the show, but it rocked, and was also thoughtful. A highlight for me was when he played "Mona" and then went right into "She's the One." I've heard him do this in the past on a recording, but never really though I'd get to see him do it live. His rapport with the audience and showmanship, not to mention his musicianship, band, and songwriting, is phenomenal. On the way to and from Philly I listened to the David Sudnow course again, and continued work on "These Foolish Things."

No comments: