Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013

Went to visit mom in hospice last night. The hospice itself was impressive. When I arrived, they were bathing mom; when I was permitted to spend time with her, she looked very clean and well cared for. She is reportedly sleeping deeply, but I talked to her for a bit. Will spend the rest of today and at least part of tomorrow here away from home. I feel bad because it's my daughter's birthday today, and I am missing her party. But I think she understands. Listened to Django in car.
ADDENDUM:
Feeling a little better about helping mom. It doesn't hurt being assertive at times. Will
meet with her doctor tomorrow to have him assess her and have our questions addressed; he seemed to be a good guy with some ideas of his own to help mom die more naturally.

No comments: