Thursday, September 26, 2013

Misty and Christianity

Work continues on "Misty." I just might make an experiment out of this one; take my time, take my time, TAKE MY TIME !!
Try to not rush it along / learn it in tempo / try to really pay attention to some chord forms. 

Within a week, I'd also like to get through the accompanying DVD to the "Assembly Line" book. 

Thinking about Christianity....Protestant vs. Catholic perspectives... I love how the Protestant perspective focuses on Jesus. Being raised Catholic, I sometimes feel us Catholics get lost in tangential issues and legalism. But why the Catholic Church seems is to be Christ's Real Church for me is based on the following:
1) The Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. It seems to me that Christians historically have emphasized this. It seems that Luther himself believed in the Real Presence!!!!
2) The Protestant emphasis on salvation based on faith alone seems in error. I like how the Catholics say the Bible shows that we are saved by faith as well as works in the auspices of that faith.
3) Seems to me that Christianity existed before the Bible.
4) Apostolic Succession

Someone I recently talked to made sense saying that perhaps the focus on the central meaning of the Gospel message is what is crucial. (So perhaps I'm focusing on too much tangential stuff in focusing on the Catholic vs Protestant debate and I should instead focus on my own relationship with Jesus). I though of this years ago, but it's very easy for me to get sidetracked in the denominational debate.

No comments: