Friday, September 6, 2013

OK

An ok musical day. Was good to hear from an old piano friend on a piano forum I used to frequent quite often. A good day of practice. Practiced with the old band plus an added singer in order to prepare for an upcoming surprise birthday gig.

Also practiced a bit on guitar. Went through the five forms. I think I got the forms down pretty well; however, trouble ensues when I switch them around to different places on the guitar neck. Perhaps I would benefit from practicing the forms in different locations.  Was interesting, too, figuring out a bit of "And I Love Her" using the Assembly Line forms. 

Wondering just what is going to happen with regards to the Syria issue. I'm at the point where I believe that we aren't getting the full story as to what is REALLY going on. Just like in the early 1960's we were led to believe that JFK did such a great job dealing with the Cuban missile crisis; it was only later, I believe, that it was revealed that sure, Russia agreed to remove the missiles, but the US had to agree to not invade Cuba. I just don't think we are hearing everything. So I vote that we do not intervene militarily. I vote that we use our brains to figure out other ways of dealing with the chemical warfare capabilities of other countries. I don't trust politics, and I trust politicians even less.

No comments: