Saturday, February 22, 2014

Guitar, and THANK YOU Robert Conti

Guitar in hand throughout a lot of today. 

•Finally finished the "Six Appeal" solo, and on to the next one. Still needs some work, though, of course. 
•Went over repertoire. Might have a twenty minute gig in March playing chord melody stuff with my friend who will play ukalele and bass.
• Started the Western Swing book, and I'm on page 7. Learned one lick; only 59 to go! Learned a scale too.

Struggling with lead improvising. Wondering how all the pieces of the puzzle that I'm learning will fit into a cohesive whole while attempting to improvise over a song's changes. Wondering just how necessary it is to learn where the scale tones are (ex: the 3rd, 7th, etc.) of the forms I'm utilizing with the Charlie Christian stuff. 

Very satisfied with how the chord melody stuff is coming along, and again, a huge thank you to Robert Conti and his "Assembly Line" book for making this possible for me.

No comments: