Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Robert Conti meets Joe Doctermann meets Charlie Christian meets Me

An interesting day. Went over repertoire. Continue to add more to the Satin Doll Conti improv. But here it gets a little interesting:

I like Conti's ideas of how a person learns to play guitar. I decided to use Conti's approach (which apparently had a connection to Wes Montgomery) and merge it with the Dochtermann book. I like the Doctermann stuff and I think if I utilize it with Conti's approach to learning, it will be a good thing. 

I don't think there's any way around memorizing. So I'll work on memorizing lead stuff.

So there I go. Here's what I'm working on:
1) Continuing to build my chord melody repertoire
2) Using Robert Conti's "Ticket to Improv., Volume 1."
3) Memorizing some stuff from the Dochtermann book.

No comments: