Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Hello Josephine

Rehearsed with some guys tonight in order to play music at a Catholic Mass this Saturday night. When we were done, the sax player said something about doing a Fats Domino song, since Fats Domino recently died. Well we ended up doing some Fats Domino stuff, and, well, it turned out for me to be one of the most fun times I’ve had playing music in a long time! Thanks Mr. Domino, and may you Rest In Peace. One of my favorite songs of all time is “Lady Madonna” by the Beatles, and I don’t think that song would have been written if it wasn’t for the influence of Fats Domino.
Anyway, here’s a rendition of us doing Fats Domino’s “Hello Josephine” tonight. Our guy on bass knew the song, and I’m not sure I’ve heard it before. I kind of like that this was a tune I wasn’t too familiar with. The lineup:
The lead singer also plays bass. There’s a sax player, a rhythm guitar player, and I’m on percussion. When I got home, I added a track of me doing a background vocal. Here it is:

https://app.box.com/s/pvsb44o2r0gvch4lxlwmjnyprfvenogn

No comments: