Monday, April 8, 2019

Sudnow Method, Over the Rainbow, 2019

Finished learning Over the Rainbow and man it is beautiful... What a great song and using it with the Sudnow Method sounds wonderful. Stepped up my recording abilities by using Audacity, a real microphone, and my lap top to record it  as taught to me by my son. Usually I would record on my phone using my phone’s microphone. Glad that I didn’t quite rush this recording out to people....waited until I got a fairly good “take.” It wasn’t perfect, but it was ok. 

Not sure where to go from here.  

More Sudnow arranged songs? I’m thinking of making  a list of songs that I want to learn on the piano and going for them. I made the list in the past, and as I remember it, it was not really that long. Wouldn’t it be great to just have those songs in my hand? I liked “Over the Rainbow” in that I made it my own with my particular arrangement of it. It would be cool to do other songs just as thoughtfully.

Wrestling a little with old questions like: “How are you going to actually memorize a number of songs?” And old criticisms like, “You won’t be able to keep this momentum (with the Sudnow Method).” 

But I guess just taking it a moment at a time enjoying making “music from the heart” is what ultimately matters. 

No comments: