Saturday, April 13, 2019

Sudnow / Improvisation

Day two of relearning the Louis Armstrong “What a Wonderful World” song. 

Just not getting into guitar these days. 

Was wondering about learning piano improvisation from a cool book I have on that topic. But I’m wondering if by doing that as well as learning piano songplayong with the Sudnow Method If I’d be trying to bite off more than I can chew.

When I start new musical projects (like my latest resurgence with the Sudnow Method) I can get a jolt of enthusiasm. But I hope I can stay committed to it. I’m somewhat intimidated by the improvisation material because of doubts of my willingness to stick with it. 

But wouldn’t it be cool to improvise on piano as part of the performance of a song arranged in the Sudnow Method way? Wouldn’t that be a cool expression of adding my personal feelings to someone else’s song?

No comments: