Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 5

Worked on page 31 in the Method Book. I'm up to the "Dueling Harmonics" piece at the bottom. Its takes practice, and not giving up. Bass cleff and I don't get along as well as the treble cleff and I, but we're working on it. Learning some harmonic intervals. Pick a note on the staff, and including that note, count up or down until you reach the next note, and that says what interval you are at. On the keyboard, count how many white notes are between two notes, add the number 2, and that's how many intervals you are using. Playing the book with the CD keeps me honest by playing the pieces at a good speed, and in time. I haven't done any Sudnow in a while. I'm feeling more drawn to written music at this time. I listened to the last couple pieces in this method book: "The Entertainer" and "Amazing Grace," and they sound nice!

No comments: