Saturday, December 27, 2008

Supplemental Material

Sore throat will probably prevent practice from happening today. However, I picked up some supplemental stuff:

1) Afred's Basic Adult Piano Course - Greatest Hits, Level 1 : Looks really good as a companion to the first Method Book.

2) Mikrokosmos - by Bela Bartok: Talked about in The Piano Lessons Book by Neil Miller, and it looks pretty cool.

3) Junior Hanon for Piano - It seems like there may be varied opinions about the utility of Hanon, but I'll make up my own mind.

4) Clementi Sonatinas, Volume 40; Op. 36, 37, 38. Recommended by a friend who is a great piano player. This stuff looks like its beyond my ability, but I'm hoping to eventually get to it.

1 comment:

Skye said...

Hi, Billy! I have just read your message at pianoworld.com

I am a piano teacher and I live in Frederick area, MD.
My e-mail: o.wilhelm@yahoo.com

Sincerely,
Olga Wilhelm